Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Ferocious Little...

MUSHROOMS!

Yep, that's right. Mushrooms. Can you believe I was actually afraid of these little guys when I was a tot? Well, until Saturday, I definitely could. Finally, though, I conquered my fear and tried them in a recipe from Vegan with a Vengeance.

Are there any foods that you were afraid of or didn't like as a child that you like now (or maybe even don't)? Stories are always welcome and encouraged!




HOLY YUM. period.

Since Isa can do no wrong, I decided I was in a falafel mood this weekend, too, and tried out her recipe. I first tried falafel when my friends from Isreal made them for me at an international camp I attended in Germany when I was 11. Naturally, my standards were high. I didn't have fresh parsley on hand which was a total bummer. Either way, they satisfied my craving. This girl loves her chickpeas!

the parsley would have added nice color :(


but they were still yummy!


Other meals of note included Savory French Lentils from Eat, Drink, & Be Vegan, a revival of my favorite blackberry&&strawberry pancakes (x2), and Chocolate Covered Katie's Oatmeal Crepe Cakes. There may have been a new oatmeal combination involved, also. Can you say carrot cake?


i admit it, i'm kind of obsessed with lentils right now



look at that berry goodness! (shown on a big plate)


these little crepes were kind of like soft, warm cookies (shown on a small plate)
could it get any better than that?
oh wait...


yes it could!
naturally, there was some dip-age going on. can you guess what that heavenly orange is?



trying to make my own version of carrot cake oats...


Maya&&Eliza, could I have your recipe pretty pleasssse?



Basically these past few days has been a lot of fridge cleaning, but wholesome and satisfying meals none the less. I was so busy this weekend that I didn't really have time for much else. My activities included three things: yoga, cooking, and studying. That's it. Literally (minus sleeping, of course, but even that was less than I would like). Thank you teachers for giving me two papers and a ginormous test all on Monday day PLUS midterm studying and a GIANT bio honors test on Wednesday (which basically speaks for itself)! Well, I'm happy most of that is over at least. Wish me luck for the rest to come!

I hope you all had lovely eats and treats this weekend! Have a great day!
xox

P.S. anyone in for some jam? (organic, of course!) i know i am. just pop over to BranAppetit to enter to win some yummy jams.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on the tests! Great recipe making! Don't you just love to be in the kitchen? I barely have any time to make recipes during the week because of school, work, and other activities. I can't wait to get cooking soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum - the pepper looks great! i love messing around with recipes in the kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your work, and great job cleaning out the fridge! You did pretty well for yourself, I'd say. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete