Saturday, May 1, 2010

Miles for Miles

Sometimes...

we have tough weeks. School work piles up, our sleep dwindles, and our room seems to get dirtier and dirtier, much to our chagrin. Sometimes, that means no blogging. For that, I apologize. 

We are grateful for little things, like a smile from a stranger or phone call from someone we have disconnected with. In this case, I would like to thank you all for your kind birthday wishes last week. They truly warmed my heart. I felt like this: 




Sometimes... 

we find school jokes funny. That's when we know something is going on. I found this picture very ironic because I was eating a Chocolate Coffee Jocalat that would soon be converted to ATP by my body, starting with Glycolysis. The fact that I laughed when I took it is almost amusing. Almost. 


[Meanwhile, this was happening in my body... it still makes me laugh. Is it that obvious that I need some time to relax?]






Sometimes...

our lack of time, or simply our taste buds, beg us to make the same thing, simply because it is easy and tastes good. They keep on asking, and we keep on giving. Bear with me, as my meals consisted of something a little like this. I would be lying if I told you I would not eat this combination a million more times over if I could. It was amazing.



[Above: Hugh Jass salad with crumbled Gardein Chick'n Tenders, hummus, and nooch. 
Below: Hugh Jass salad with baked tofu, hummus, and nooch.]




Sometimes... 

pictures don't always look as pretty as we would expect from such delicious foods. Does anyone sense a metaphor for life? It's not what's on the outside, my friends, but who you are inside. 




Sometimes... 

we are lucky enough to adapt our skills and passions for other areas of life. Baking Mexican Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodles for an English project? I couldn't be luckier. Get creative. It does pay to go the extra mile. And when I say pay, I mean gain in happiness. That's the best; anyone agree?




Speaking of Miles, 

Sometimes... 

we are able to move on from these stressful times in our lives and remember what is truly important. Friday was a beautiful day, but even more beautiful was what my school celebrated

A boy named Miles Levin graduated just a few years ago. Soon after, he lost his battle with cancer but the profound words from his blog lived on. He was an inspiration to all and will never be forgotten. [Please click on this link and read about him. He was featured nationwide for his accomplishments and general outlook on life.] In his remembrance, everyone in my school takes the day to walk between classes and take time to enjoy the simplicity of life. I took a lovely walk around the lake and sat in silence to absorb the beauty. I encourage you all to do the same and take time to reflect. 







Sometimes... 

we like to ask questions. They don't always have answers, but that's okay, too. Life is a journey, not a destination. 

Sometimes our questions have answers, and we love to hear what others think. 

  • Are their any combinations you have over an over again?
  • What is your favorite way to relax? 
  • What is the most important lesson your have learned? 
  • Who do you feel has had the most impact in your life? Do you have a role model?




Sometimes.. 

we take time to relax, like I am doing right now. 12 hours of sleep? You betcha. I'll be back with more timely posts next week. Thank goodness this week of tests is ovahhh (pronounced like Kailey's theatahhh). 

[This is a little bit of love from my Danish exchange partner I just received. She's practically my sister.]


Have a lovely day! 

xox, 
Mandiee

P.S. Although I'm still working on switching over to my own domain (I already own it but it's a process; any advice?), I'm going to start a review page for now. I will put my reviews up for the Gardein and Jocalats I mentioned above plus others. Hopefully this will keep my site nice and organized :). 




9 comments:

  1. Always enjoy your posts, girl. thanks for the lovely words of wisdom - and don't feel bad for not being able to blog! Though I'm sure I'm not the only one who missed you - I'm also sure I'm not the only one who realizes your real-life commitments come first. That being said - glad all your tests are over with!!
    I can have sweet potatoes nonstop...and lately, I'm all about veggie-stacked sandwiches or tempeh, pb & jam :) Oh, and obviously oats.
    My life lesson? Everything happens for a reason, even if it's devastating at the time :)
    Have a great night, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i love this post! this is awesome and was a joy to read. ur so amazing girl.. i adore ur blog so much!!! ur too cute xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck on the domain switch, that stuff is so time consuming!
    jocolats, havent had one in ages but i like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about getting my own domain but I hear the switch is a pain. That's exciting though- good luck!!

    That link was really inspiring, thanks :)

    haha I'm glad to know I'm not the only one thinking "and now PFK is using ATP..." while I eat. School needs to be over with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been swamped too, don't feel too bad! Blogging can wait..school, sadly (=P), is more important at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Mandee- hope u had a wonderful birthday - glad to hear that you are done with your exams - you deserve a well-needed rest!!!
    Loved this post - especially about how life is a journey!!!! Looking forward to more posts and your switch to the new domain!!!! Have a great relaxing weekend!!!!! xoxo aimee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, such a cute post! ''Beary special person'' coffee cup...love it!!
    I love Gardein products, I never saw the chick'n tenders, but it does look good :D.
    My fave Jocalat so far is the Hazelnut one.
    I also thought about a review page, but oh boy, my 'recipe page' is already a mess, I don't know what to do! XD

    And yes, gain in happiness!! After all, eating is one of the pleasure of life!! :D

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That nooch + Gardein dinner looks amazing...nooch on anything is good in my book! And Mexican chocolate cookies- yum. You've got me craving chocolate now! Hope you've had a great weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmmm i love me nooch covered things! i'm eating brox and eggplants coated in nooch right now and lovin every minute of it :)

    hope you had an awesome weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete