Friday, December 3, 2010

The Buggy Carb Diet

Hey bloggies! Remember when I told you my grandmother was sick? Well unfortunately, her little bug must have had some friends because now everyone in my house has it! We found out today that we most likely have something called the Norovirus, which is basically a nasty stomach virus that is highly infectious.  Well, I probably could have figured that out give the circumstances ;).

Anyway, I have been majorly lying low since the virus hit me. Sleeping for more than 12 hours + lots of simple carbs is all my body has wanted.

Bring on the cereal and (almond) milk!



Many, many bowls of this have been consumed.



Plus a side of banana soft serve, Ezekiel Sprouted Cinnamon Raisin Bread, and Chlorox. Yummy.


I'm not usually a big fan of bananas because they give me stomach cramps (how horrible would that be coupled with this bug?!), but I've found that organic bananas are a-okay. It's a good thing, too, because I have been eating lots of them this week.



That's not to say that I forgot one of my favorite fruity staples. Apples! Fresh, crisp, and oh so good...



Although cereal, sprouted bread, and fruit have been the staples of my diet, today I finally witnessed a change. I must be healing because I was able to muster up the strength to make a simple carrot ginger soup with pumpkin cornbread. It was just what the doctor ordered.



And while I'm still not completely there yet, I did eat some vegetables today. Clearly I must be returning back to normal. After all, just yesterday I could only stomach just half of my spinach-spiked protein pudding. I went straight for the berries, of course.



All things must come to an end, and hopefully this bug has just about run its course. If nothing else, it's really made me reevaluate the way I treat my stomach. While I always try to fill it with the most wholesome foods possible (I do love my veggies after all!), I will admit that my timing is not always the best. From now on, I'm going to make a promise to myself to try to eat more intuitively rather than always being so up and down.

Has being sick ever taught you anything? How did you try to eat intuitively? Any tips would be helpful!

Have a lovely day!

xox,
Mandiee

1 comment: