I definitely started 2011 out on the right foot thanks to all of your kind blogiversary wishes. I feel like I can't say it enough, but honestly, the blogsphere means so much to me that I just can't help but thank you again. Each and every one of you (bloggers, readers, and behind-the-scenes helpers) make this community as amazing as it is so keep doing what you do!
Although I could go on and on, I really popped in tonight to thank you (check!) and a give you a little quick-y recipe (almost check). You see, tomorrow I go back to school after a 2 week break so I have lots of stuff to do (not to mention some mental preparation). With so much on my mind, I could hardly decide what I wanted for dinner! However, since I had some zucchini and brussels sprouts in my produce drawer that were in need of a little love, my decision was simple.
Two words, my friends: Stir. Fry.
Stir-fries are so simple and adaptable. Change the ingredients&spices and you already have a completely different meal! Not to mention the few dishes they produce are a total bonus. I'm pretty sure I came up with this combination on a whim, but it has proved to be a favorite ever since. I can honestly say I ate it at least once a week for a few months straight. Somehow, though, it got out of rotation. Now that I finally decided to approximate my "pinch of this, pinch of that," I'm sure it's not going away any time soon.
Quick Zucchini, Brussels Sprout, and Chickpea Stir-Fry
- minced garlic (I use A TON so I'll leave this up to you)
- 1 zucchini (or 1/2 zucchini and 1/2 yellow squash)
- 6 brussels sprouts
- 1/2-3/4 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- Braggs Liquid Aminos, to taste (I use about 1-1/2 tsp)
- Steam zucchini and brussels sprouts until just tender (they will continue to cook in the stir-fry).
- Meanwhile, sautee minced garlic in a non-stick pan until brown.
- Add steamed vegetables, chickpeas, and spices.
- Stir in Braggs, using it to deglaze the pan, if necessary.
- Heat through and serve.
Do you have a favorite stir-fry combination? I'm pretty convinced that Braggs, ginger, and garlic were meant to be together.
Well, I have some bag organizing and soup-making to attend to...
Oh mirepoix, I love you.
Have a lovely day! And to all my fellow students heading back tomorrow, good luck!