Sunday, February 7, 2010

Getting Back


After a tough week, and a lot of monotony in my eats, life is slowly getting back to normal. To those bloggers who reached out to me in my last post, I cannot thank you enough. Your words really helped me get through the grief and know that there are such wonderful people as you all out there.

Luckily, I do have photos of my Mexican Mediterranean Madness. Okay, so maybe that is a bit of a stretch, but the alliteration was just too tempting. Basically it was me using leftover ingredients, but I could not resist getting creative with the name. As I have said before, I usually cook for just one (me!) so I use the same ingredients a lot in order to use them.


This creation was just a whole wheat pita, black beans, orange and red bell peppers, and corn.
I mashed the black beans with 1 tsp of cumin and some water while warming them up in the microwave. Then I layered it on the ww pita and sprinkeled on a little garlic and onion powder (perfect in a jiffy because this girl needs her garlic). Once I added the bell peppers and corn, I baked it on the oven rack for a few minutes at 350F until it to get it crispy. Then I transfered it to a baking sheet and sill pat to warm it up the rest. Yum!




And of course, what would a week be without oats? I thought it would be fun to take a few shots in the different steps of my breakfast. The lighting is not so great because our light bulb needed to be replaced, but hopefully you will enjoy it, too. I think there is something very comforting about a cinnamon swirl. Maybe it is just the thought of my childhood and the cinnamon raisin bread I used to eat on the weekends. Oh, traditions, traditions...




Strawberries, Blueberries, Golden Flax Seed, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Love


I wish you all a lovely day and wonderful eats to accompany! Thank you again for reading my blog and being so kind. I could not wish for better readers :).

xox,
Mandiee

4 comments:

  1. Haha, alliteration is always fun. :) Oh, and don't feel bad about using the same ingredients over and over again. I, too, only cook for myself, so things start to get monotonous a lot of the time. I am glad that you are using your creativity, though, to make something wonderful out of every day ingredients! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. who cares if it doesn't exactly fit?; it only matters that it looks amazingggggg :)

    ♥ lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new to your blog and I love your about me. It's so great that you're into travel! That mexican pita looks yummy! I can't wait to keep reading...I've been on the lookout to try new vegan recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its madness! Your pizza creation looks mouth wateringly (is that a word? :)) yummy.

    ReplyDelete